- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies– The BABCP is a multi-disciplinary interest group for people involved in the practice and theory of behavioural and cognitive psychotherapy. All general enquiries should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy – The BACP’s website offers a directory of private counsellors and counselling organisations as well as lots of information about counselling in general. Tel: 0870 443 5252
- Citizens Advice Bureau – Free information and advice service on legal, money and other practical problems.
- Get Self Help – A website based on CBT techniques and information. It has a wide range of downloadable worksheets, lots of information on a range of disorders.
- Living Life to the Full – A free online CBT interactive programme for anxiety and depression.
- Mental Health Foundation – A useful website for information and support.
- Mood Gym – A useful anxiety and depression resource – tailored particularly for young people (16-25yrs)
- Moodjuice – Moodjuice offers information and advice to those experiencing troublesome thoughts, feelings and actions. From the site you are able to print off various self-help guides covering conditions such as depression, anxiety, stress, panic and sleep problems.
- No More Panic – No More Panic provides information for suffers and carers of people with Panic, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. It aims to provide information, support and advice. There is information on the website alongside a chat forum.
- Derbyshire NHS – A NHS website that has a number of useful self-help leaflets.
- Royal College of Psychiatrists – Fact sheets on a wide range of mental health problems.
- The Centre for Clinical Interventions (CCI) – CCI offers a clinical service for adults suffering from anxiety, mood and eating disorders.
- Triumph Over Phobias – A charity set up for people who suffer from phobias and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
- Mental Health Forum – Friendly online place for discussion, help and support with mental health issues.
« Previous Article | Next Article »